[Sugar-devel] Sugar Development

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Wed Dec 30 07:33:12 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 09:11:35AM +0100, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
>On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 06:33, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 07:40:01AM -0500, Walter Bender wrote:
>>> Informally, we have such a list from Peru, which is our largest
>>> Sugar deployment. They use a core set of activities and have
>>> expressed the desire to see that set (a) reach a level of increased
>>> stability; and (b) run reliably on newer versions of Sugar [...]
>>
>>> Helping track down open tickets with any activities on this list
>>> would be of great benefit.
>>
>> And a polite reminder that there are now at least three places you
>> might find tickets ... sugarlabs.org, laptop.org, and launchpad.  ;-)
>
>Not really, every distributor of Sugar has their own tracker. I would
>suggest anyone wanting to help with this to focus on only one tracker.

I wholeheartedly agree: If you want to help develop _Sugar_ then focus
on the _Sugarlabs_ issue tracker, and if you want to help develop some
specific _distribution_ of Sugar then watch the tracker of that. :-)

The laptop.org tracker is for OLPC distribution of Sugar, and Launchpad
tracker is for Ubuntu and SoaS distributions.

Work directly on the thing you are passionate about, and then (as
secondary priority!) stretch that passion as far up- and/or downstream
as you feel like.

Regards,

  - Jonas