[Sugar-devel] Sugar Development

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 01:23:56 EST 2009

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 13:50, Mark Symmonds
<msymmonds at codegladiator.com> wrote:
> Hello!

Welcome!

> I am a freelance developer and LAMP architect with over twelve years
> experience.  I would like to get involved in the OLPC development
> project where my skills may be of best use.  Please let me know if there
> is anything I can help with.

You asked for it, you got it.

> Here are a few of my skill sets which may be beneficial in the Sugar and
> Sugar Activity development effort:
>
> Languages: Python, Ruby, C++ / C, Java, PHP, Perl
> Platforms: Linux (any dist. but primarily Fedora and Ubuntu), Free BSD,
> Windows

Python and Fedora Linux are the most broadly useful here, unless you
happen to understand Ubuntu and Debian packaging. We would like to
encourage a BSD version of Sugar, but we have not heard of anybody
starting one. There are pages in the Wiki pointing you to tasks and
projects needing help or someone to start them.

What parts of education, current or possible in the future, interest you most?

http://www.earthtreasury.org/