[Sugar-devel] GConf

Art Hunkins abhunkin at uncg.edu
Tue Dec 22 17:47:48 EST 2009

Thanks, Walter. I see it now.

I note that whereas ~/.gconf doesn't have a %gconf.xml file, all the several
layers of subdirectories do. However, all are empty except two, and they
have nothing to do with fonts.

Can you suggest which %gconf.xml to manually add a (temporary) entry to, for
font-testing purposes? (I.e., to set a font size other than 10.) Also, the
format for that code?

I've tried the "normal" method for specifying font size ("gtk-font-name" and
gtk.Settings). This results in varied size menu-bar text, but no change in
my Pango-based text size. My conclusion: either this old method is
deprecated, or I haven't yet found the proper mechanism to connect
Pango-based font sizing with system defaults.

I'm lost, and would appreciate further guidance from you experts.

Art Hunkins