[Sugar-devel] Glucose and Frame

Cilyan Olowen gaknar at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 04:21:07 EST 2009

2009/12/15 Sascha Silbe <sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org>:
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 09:02:35PM +0100, Cilyan Olowen wrote:
>
>> The first bug was a conflict in Python's sys.path, the main module
>> imported was finally jhbuild's one instead of
>> sugar-presence-service's.
>
> I thought you were packaging Sugar natively on ArchLinux? How does
> sugar-jhbuild fit into that? I.e. what exactly did you do?
>
> CU Sascha

Indeed, I package Sugar natively. I used jhbuild to test some things
in Hildon previously and instead of using hildon's copy of jhbuild, I
installed at that time the last jhbuild release available in AUR
jhbuild-svn so this jhbuild has nothing to do with sugar-jhbuild. That
it be jhbuild or another module is not important, the fact is there
could be some package that break sugar by appending a path in sys.path
and using the same name "main" for it's module. I use the
sugar-jhbuild .modules files only to guess some dependencies, along
with the ebuilds in git and configure.ac, not for building.

Cilyan