[Sugar-devel] Sharing work across XOs/SOAS

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Tue Dec 15 16:21:50 EST 2009

Hi Sascha,

On 15 Dec 2009, at 18:05, Sascha Silbe wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 12:36:43PM -0500, Gerald Ardito wrote:
>
>> 1. Create the game.
>> 2. Save it to the Journal
> FWIW: This step is automatic (activities save their state to the Journal whenever you switch away from them).

Unfortunately not in the case of Memorize (you actually have to 'save to journal', and then 'load from journal' before you can even play your own just created game in the interface)! :-( :-(

Simon was interested in re-designing/building this when we worked on the new toolbars (we did some cycles of ideas), but other 0.86 events overtook and Memorize never had it's toolbars updated/reworked. Needs some careful design planning and rework to switch between play and edit mode in a natural, understandable way.

Regards,
--Gary