[Sugar-devel] Zero-calorie bundles?

Wade Brainerd wadetb at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 13:48:19 EST 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 8:00 PM, Aleksey Lim <alsroot at member.fsf.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've coded[1] initial implementation[2] for "standalone" 0install mode,
> w/o any support from shell. So, activity could bundle saccharin module
> to .xo and maybe 0install pure python library as well(otherwise system
> should have already installed zeroinstall-injector package, it could be
> any version - saccharin will update it from the web on the first start).
>
> So, any devs interested in such features are welcome to test it.
>
> I'm planing to complete PackageKit integration to 0install and start
> implementing feeds for ASLO activities that have bundled binary blobs.

This is great - as a big user of binary blobs this will relieve a big
headache for me.  Nice to know it won't require a Sugar update too.

Let me know what I need to do to get my activities ported over.  I'd
like to at least ship the 32bit py2.5 blobs with the activities if
possible.

Thanks,
Wade
-Wade