[Sugar-devel] Technique to extract all records from xapian DB?

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Fri Dec 11 08:35:35 EST 2009

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 12:49, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to add minimal support on 0.84 for the old "0.82" format
> in which JE metadata was saved on external disks.
>
> By minimal I mean read-only, fail-safe, and generally with small
> impact on the codebase. I sure don't want to reimplement the old DS
> code
>
> Is there a simple (and cheap) way to read the xapian DB and extract
> all the records, complete?

I think it's worth trying, but not sure if worth merging and
deploying. 0.82 didn't used directly the python xapian bindings, but
some wrapper on top of it that tried to make easier the mapping
between keys in the B-tree and metadata values.

I'm not sure if it would be easier for you to try to read the index
with the basic bindings or by using secore (now called xappy).

The mapping mentioned before is persisted in index/config inside the DS dir.

Regards,

Tomeu

Farning