[Sugar-devel] seeking feedback on sketch of a new color selector

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Mon Dec 7 12:39:59 EST 2009

Hi Walter/Simon,

On 7 Dec 2009, at 10:37, Simon Schampijer wrote:

> On 12/06/2009 11:05 PM, Walter Bender wrote:
>> On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 8:54 PM, Simon Schampijer<simon at schampijer.de>  wrote:
>>> A few questions:
>>> - in the Feature page you mention the 'random selector', is this option
>>> still available in the latest design?
>>
>> This is still in the new design in that I didn't remove it from the
>> code. (If you click on the central XO icon, you get a random color as
>> before.) It is a decision I leave to the design team.
>
> Ok. Maybe the design team want to comment if they think that the random
> functionality is a good one to have.

Sorry, not quite following the 'random functionality' comment. Just to check, my understanding that 'forwards' and 'backwards' are hooked up to change a seed value used for a random calculation of the fill/stroke colour choices (an almost infinitely large carousel of random choices, left or right). Where the buttons act something like the below image to maintain the current behaviour where clicking the large Xo icon still progresses forward: