[Sugar-devel] translation updates (was Re: some efforts that would be really useful for deployments)

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Sun Dec 6 16:19:43 EST 2009

2009/11/25 Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org>:

> Another constant headache is with translations. How do you roll out new
> translations for old software? The best we have right now is language
> packs but they install files which conflict with both system packages
> and activity bundles. And they are difficult for deployments because you
> need Linux skills to execute them.

I guess that we don't have this problem for software packaged in rpms?

For activities, once we get major/minor version numbers, may be easier
to spin new stable releases with updated translations?

If we still need to decouple the translations from the release
process, then I guess Sayamindu's proposal is the way to go.

Regards,

Tomeu

Farning