[Sugar-devel] Sugar-Clic Clic player sugar activity on alpha stage

Ludo (Marc Alier) granludo at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 14:54:45 EST 2009

Friends,
For over a year we have been working with students of the College of
Computer Science  from Barcelona to develop a viewer of Clic
educational contents
http://clic.xtec.cat/es/jclic/index.htm to work as an activity in Sugar.
I am pleased to announce that we have a project already well advanced and
is expected to be ready shortly for use by children.
The Sugar-clic activity will  allow content downloads,  and gradually
we will incorporate more features.
Among others I hope that can contents can be placed on the XS, I will
need to speak to my frien Martin Langhoff,
who kindly lent us two laptops for testing.
You will find the code and the tracker in
http://code.google.com/p/sugar-clic/
We are also working on a
Google group http://groups.google.com/group/sugarclic (most of the
messages are in
catalan, but google translates beautifully and you are very welcome to
kick in in english and
spanish )
I hope this is will be an useful software for the OLPC project.
Sincerely
  Ludo (Marc Alier)
  Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya
------