[Sugar-devel] Issues with mesh network on XO 1.5

Mohit Taneja mohitgenii at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 07:55:35 EST 2009

Hi Daniel,

There wasn't any error message.
I was doing the testing with two XO's one was having XO 1.5 having F11, and
another was XO 1 running build 767 (8.2.0).
I noticed the following issues:

   - They both were not able to detect each other.
   - Although they were able to detect other networks present in the
   environment. I was testing them in College, so both of them were able to
   detect the College Wi-Fi. But since our college Wi-Fi requires registration
   of Mac Addresses to use the Wi-Fi (for safety purposes) , I wasn't able to
   use that. Although I have used a Wi-Fi network on both of hem independently.
   - Since hey were not able to detect each other, thus we weren't able to
   test collaboration of any activity.

We then tried to connect them with an Acer laptop running SOAS

   - It did recognized the network of XO 1.5, but we weren't able to connect
   to it.
   - It wasnt able to detect XO 1.

I hope this is helpful.

Regards,