[Sugar-devel] [Feature] CC_selection_in_Journal

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Wed Dec 2 04:54:14 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 06:19:21PM -0500, Walter Bender wrote:

> we provide no mechanism for them to assign licenses to their work.
> This feature introduces a license field to the Journal to give the
> learner an opportunity to assign a Cc license to their work.
While it's an interesting and possibly useful feature (I like it), it's
way off our current target base IMO. At least in Germany you need to be
an adult (or get permission from your parent) to enter into almost any
kind of contract (§ 106ff BGB [1]), especially a "copyright"
(Urheberrecht) contract (AKA license).

[1]
http://bundesrecht.juris.de/bgb/BJNR001950896.html#BJNR001950896BJNG001202377

CU Sascha