[Sugar-devel] Friends view UI affordances?

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sun Aug 30 18:52:11 EDT 2009

El Sun, 30-08-2009 a las 17:31 -0400, Michael Stone escribió:
> Folks,
>
> Before you know how Friends work, the Friends view it is completely barren
> except for the central XO-person and, as a result, is rather unusable. What are
> some ways that we could make the function of this screen more discoverable?
>
> So far, I've thought of a couple of things which might do the trick, but I'm
> interested in your feedback too. My ideas include:
>
>  1. Putting up a label when you have no friends telling you how to go get some.
>
>  2. Putting up a combobox listing people who you might add as friends.
>
>  3. Putting up a display like the "journal empty" display to try to tell you
>     why you aren't seeing anything.
>
>  4. Putting up a button to move you to the neighborhood view, perhaps with a
>     notification event to inform you of what to do.
>
> Thoughts?

If it were up to me, I'd go with 1 or 3 for simplicity, but leaving the
XO guy in the center to avoid breaking the spaciality of the transition
from the mesh all the way down to the activity circle.

What would be the procedure to follow for handling change requests
affecting the HIG from the initial proposal to the point where they
become patches to the code?  Does the Design Team have some preferred
way to do it?