[Sugar-devel] Does honey still serve a useful purpose?

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Sun Aug 30 15:25:40 EDT 2009

I have been looking at the process for creating and release new activities.

I have been wondering, 'What is the advantage of distributing
activities through distros as Honey?'  It would seem that installing
the activities as .xo bundles via the activity-bundle facility is more
reliable and less work for both activity authors and distributions.

The exception is when the actives must pull in external
dependencies...  by then we have left the world of honey.

david