[Sugar-devel] The ARM is near

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 04:56:13 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 9:48 PM, Benjamin M.
Schwartz<bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
> If you have the hardware to test these features, and the interest to make

(cc'ing devel at l.l.o -- snipped Ben's outline of why it's important to
get Sugar distros running on ARM devices)

Some notes that might be of use

 - Marvell has some engineering samples of their ARM based boards.
Distro porters can probably get hold of them -- I landed one for XS
porting :-) and I am hoping to work on it with Bert Desmet here in
Brussels.

 - The 'Sheeva plug' can be used as a porting platform -- same chipset
as larger devices.

 - Fedora has a 'secondary arch' ARM port for F11 -- probably
interesting to SoaS people.

hth,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions