[Sugar-devel] [Extra Content] How to add extra content with git

Andrés Arrieta Perréard andres.ap.linux at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 14:26:00 EDT 2009

Hi,
I've tried adding content to the soas image other than the maps that come by
default.
First I tried add it on soas-sugar.ks here:

# pull sample content for the journal
curl -O http://dev.sugarlabs.org/raw-attachment/ticket/840/south_america.pdf
curl -O http://dev.sugarlabs.org/raw-attachment/ticket/840/europe.pdf
curl -O http://mywebsite.com/Documents/some.pdf

But nothing, sdziallas pointed me out to copy-to-datastore.py
So first I tried by commenting git from getting the script like so:

# get sample content setup script directly from git
#curl -O
http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/soas/repos/mainline/blobs/raw/8ad00566985860f9891aea714c74e5430e9c395d/copy-to-datastore.py

Then I tried adding the following on copy-to-datastore.py

file = "some.pdf"
title = "Some pdf (PDF)"
mime_type = "application/pdf"
description = "Just some pdf."
tags = "random file PDF"

create_entry(file, title, mime_type, description, tags)

But nothing, altho I did left 2 of the original maps not even those are
showing up.
Any one knows how to do it?

Thanks,

--