[Sugar-devel] Results of today's Jabber Testing

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 21:39:39 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 8:33 PM, Caroline
Meeks<caroline at solutiongrove.com> wrote:
> I worked with the RIT contingent and Dave Farning today to do some
> collaboration testing.
> We tested with 8 computers on a rarely used dev XS system hosted by Solution
> Grove.

Interesting!

Your report is a bit confusing so I will

 - you had no problems connecting 8 users to a vanilla XS running some
0.6d, right?
 - but later on jabber.s.o you had problems with 29 users...

Is that correct?

What sw is jabber.s.o running? Does it deviate in any way from a
recent XS 0.6? Could network problems explain part of the problem?

What did ejabberdctl connected-users say at the points when users were
appearing/disappearing? Did ejabberd see them come and go? Or did it
think they were connected all the time?

These are very basic questions -- when doing this testing, you'll want
someone looking at the jabber server, dumping connected-users and
asking the Sugar users to run `olpc-xos` to compare.

In fact a time-series of captures of `olpc-xos` on each Sugar / XO
client and  `ejabberd connected-users` on the XS, plus a verbose log
from ejabberd would tell you a lot.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions