[Sugar-devel] Call for Help: SoaS & Display Manager (Auto-Login)

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Sun Aug 9 13:00:01 EDT 2009

Ton van Overbeek wrote:
> Regarding getting auto-login to work after restarting X.
>
> Yesterday I looked at the slim sources and it seems at first sight easy
> to add auto login of the default user after the first login.
> Any interest in me trying to implement this?
> If we use an extra option to slim we could push this change upstream
> to Fedora and then we do not have to maintain our own manager (olpc-dm).
> But maybe Sebastian is already happy with a working olpc-dm.
>
> Ton van Overbeek

Ahhh! Sorry, I missed this entirely and just noticed it in another
folder when going through my e-mail today. Well, I certainly wouldn't
mind if you went ahead and gave it a try, but I'm not sure how likely it
is that this change would be accepted, pushed into a release and then
packaged for Fedora.

Well, you're right, I'm happy with a working olpc-dm, but I'm also
always looking for ways to improve SoaS... ;)

Thanks a lot,
--Sebastian