[Sugar-devel] [Turtleart] Quesstions and Issues w Journal

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 21:25:55 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 12:56 PM, Andrés Arrieta
Perréard<andres.ap.linux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> We've been testing turtle art and there is a menu called keyboard (at least
> in spanish). But there are som things we do not understand what they mean,
> like the block with a star.

In more recent versions of Turtle Art, that icon has been replaced by
the Pippy icon, a python. It lets you run code from the file
tamyblock.py, which you can open from the Journal to edit.

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Turtle_Art#Programmable_Brick
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Turtle_Art/Sensors

> The other issue is when adding the journal block and try to access it like
> so:
> http://dashwire.com/alphinux/image/ctf7roGSir3R3kadbiFTTI/menu-usb
>
> No matter which USB you try to open it always shows the same files:
> http://dashwire.com/alphinux/image/ccbPCgGSir3OfYadbiFTTI/usb

I'm not clear what you mean. Are you are asking about the Journal
Entry Block on the Templates palette?

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Turtle_Art/Templates

As I understand it, you can only select Journal entries for it, not
files on a USB drive.

See http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Turtle_Art#Palettes

> thx for the help,

A pleasure.