[Sugar-devel] 0.82 activity updates

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Wed Apr 29 05:15:20 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 23:27, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> 2009/4/28 David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org>:
>> With all that being said, the goal for Sugar Labs should be, 'How can
>> Sugar Labs help you support your local deployment?'
>
> I'm perfectly capable of taking care of it locally. My question is not
> that complicated: can/should I share my work with the larger
> community?

Upstream has hardly the resources to support 0.84, so even if we
decided to support 0.82, we most probably won't be able to do it.

What I can suggest is that you get into contact with other deployments
of 0.82 and decide if you want to work together and share your work
inside SLs. If so, we should find a way for these developers to use
our git, trac, etc.

If nobody else is interested, then you probably should use
infrastructure local to .py.

About the activity version problem, I guess we could allocate a range
of numbers for your work in 0.82, but well, that sucks.

We have discussed activity versioning before. Though we haven't agreed
on a perfect scheme yet, do we have something better than major.minor
version numbers?

Regards,

Tomeu