[Sugar-devel] Compiler warnings building olpcsound

Victor.Lazzarini at nuim.ie Victor.Lazzarini at nuim.ie
Mon Apr 27 08:02:16 EDT 2009

Crude Hack? I am sorry? I spent  a few months last year producing
the olpcsound Fedora package, thanks very much. That is no hack.

It is true we have decided at the Fedora end of things to move back
to full Csound as Sugar is not locked into the XO. Paul Robinson
was taking care of producing a 5.10 version of the official csound
package. There might be issues with the SONAME bump, which I am
not completely on top of.

Regards

Victor

> As I understand it, the olpcsound build target is a crude hack
> intended
> for slow computers like OLPC XOs, and seems not actively
> maintained
> upstream.
>
> Perhaps try building regular libraries and use those instead
> also for
> use with Sugar - unless you know that you will need the
> optimizations
> provided by the olpcsound build.
>

> I do not use SuSE, and do not hit same bug on Debian, so just
> shooting
> in the dark here.
>

> Kind regards,
>
>    - Jonas
>
> Package maintainer for CSound packaging for Debian (but no
> expert in
> CSound or C++).
>
> - --
> * Jonas Smedegaard - idealist og Internet-arkitekt
> * Tlf.: +45 40843136  Website: http://dr.jones.dk/
>
>    [x] quote me freely  [ ] ask before
> reusing  [ ] keep private

Dr Victor Lazzarini, Senior Lecturer, Dept. of Music,National University of Ireland, Maynooth