[Sugar-devel] Sugar on Ubuntu 9.04 will not start

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Sun Apr 26 18:00:33 EDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 02:34:21PM -0700, Edward Cherlin wrote:

> o The cyrillic font and hal error messages appear to be irrelevant, as
> they are in sugar-jhbuild. I wouldn't mind seeing them fixed, though.
Those are in Xephyr, there's nothing we can do about them,
unfortunately. You might want to report them to Ubuntu if they haven't
been already.

> o The culprit appears to be a security setting in config/dbus that
> prevents Xephyr from accessing the display. Does anybody know where
> this setting is, and what it should say instead?
You're probably hitting bug #310 [1]. Ubuntu has marked it as "fix
committed" a month ago, but they don't ship a fixed package yet (that
would be status "fix released").

You could try running Sugar natively (i.e. as a session) instead of
using sugar-emulator (as we're now at a point where we now that
sugar-emulator won't work for you, at least until Ubuntu fixes some
bugs).

[1] http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/310

CU Sascha

--