[Sugar-devel] processing.js - tool to replace flash in websites [KARMA]

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Sun Apr 26 03:16:51 EDT 2009

Hey Subzero,

I just came across this blog post from John Resig, the creator of
jQuery. He kicked off a processing.js to replace flash for animations. I
am not really sure how it relates to jQuery

http://processingjs.org/

he also has a new project sizzle that is a CSS3 selector engine
http://sizzlejs.com/

frankly, I don't actually know what a CSS3 selector engine is or what
CSS3 selectors are but looks interesting

http://processingjs.org/exhibition

here are some demos. Interesting thing is that these demos really rev my
CPU. I have a centrino dual-core 2 GHz. Firefox chews up 70% of my
processor. However, when I stream Youtube Firefox also often chews up
50% of my processor so not sure if firefox is at fault or processing.js

--
Bryan W. Berry
Technology Director