[Sugar-devel] SoaS on XO issues for discussion

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Fri Apr 24 07:12:16 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 12:47, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
>> It's normal that people think "SugarLabs is shipping Soas and it
>> doesn't work on the XO, are they abandoning their only user base?".
>>
>> I think we should be more careful in thinking where we spend the
>> resources or we won't be able to focus on what we think is important.
>
> Overall, I have to agree it's a very tough spot. Most apps are pretty
> self-contained, but desktops are all about integration, and have a ton
> of surface ("interdependencies").

Actually we have a chance of reducing that surface by trying to behave
as close as possible as recent GNOME versions. Other people's
integration work will save us work. It's when we try to innovate
further and try to be smarter than the other guys when we get into
trouble.

Regards,

Tomeu