[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Resuming Snapshot Creation

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Thu Apr 23 17:37:36 EDT 2009

Hi folks,

after our most recent beta release, we've now a new image ready for you!
This is the first of a number of snapshots on our road to another real
SoaS release. Links to the iso image, as well as the archive with the
appliance are provided below.

http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/snapshots/2/Soas2-200904231400.iso

http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/appliances/soas2-20090423.zip

Note that this is heavily 'work in progress'. Here are the news:

* It's now again based again on Rawhide, as we move on.

* The Labyrinth, Paint, Record and TamTam activities have been included.

* Further news regarding an easier process of gathering feedback on
system configurations is coming up. Please stay tuned!

We've also a number of known issues in this snapshot:

* etoys needs to be rebuilt to get sound working.

* the tamtam activities still need to be fav'ed.

Currently, early plannings for the upcoming release are taking place.
Please give this image a try and report the issues you come along.

Thanks and happy testing!