[Sugar-devel] FWD: Sugar font size & wiki

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 14:22:37 EDT 2009

Dear all,

a small team of students and a professor at the Technical University
Graz (in CC) is currently working on an activity to exercise Maths based
on the requests by the teachers of our small Austrian OLPC / Sugar pilot.

Anyway, they're currently running into some issues wrt to setting the
font-size in their activity, please see the message below for details.

Any help or pointers to possible solutions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Christoph

Walther Neuper schrieb:

--- snip ---
> Two issues become urgent now:
>
> # Sugar does _not_ accept our way of specifying the font size:
>
>        self.toggle_equal = gtk.ToggleButton("<==>")
>        self.toggle_equal.modify_font(pango.FontDescription("sans 72"))
>        self.toggle_equal.connect("toggled", self.toggle_equal_callback)
>        self.settings_table.attach(self.toggle_equal, 3, 4, 11, 12 )
>        self.toggle_equal.show()
>
>   With this code the font size is taken as a (too small) default, and we
> would like to
>   deliver ReckonPrimer1.0 as soon as possible
--- snip ---

--
Christoph Derndorfer
co-editor, olpcnews