[Sugar-devel] discussion of which javascript framework to use for Karma

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Tue Apr 21 23:12:14 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-21 at 13:47 +0100, Lucian Branescu wrote:
> jQuery makes the DOM suck less, that's it's main plus. I think the
> jQuery UI is complete enough for most tasks and doesn't have
> architectural constraints that keep it from getting better. It's also
> quite small.
>
> However, I don't think it should matter too much which framework is
> blessed. Web devs have their preferences (granted, most like jQuery).
> If jQuery in compatibility mode is used for the framework itself, web
> devs can use whichever framework they like. They get more consistency
> if they use jQuery, but it shouldn't be a problem if they don't.

JQuery definitely makes it easier to manipulate the DOM but it also has
a very nice plug-in architecture. I still have an extremely limited
knowledge of js, js frameworks, etc. but it seems like a good route to
go would be to extend dojo or jQuery existing animation facilities
rather than creating a standalone animation library

--
Bryan W. Berry
Technology Director