[Sugar-devel] discussion of which javascript framework to use for Karma

Lucian Branescu lucian.branescu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 08:47:16 EDT 2009

jQuery makes the DOM suck less, that's it's main plus. I think the
jQuery UI is complete enough for most tasks and doesn't have
architectural constraints that keep it from getting better. It's also
quite small.

However, I don't think it should matter too much which framework is
blessed. Web devs have their preferences (granted, most like jQuery).
If jQuery in compatibility mode is used for the framework itself, web
devs can use whichever framework they like. They get more consistency
if they use jQuery, but it shouldn't be a problem if they don't.