[Sugar-devel] [Gsoc] Congratulations to the accepted Gsoc applications.

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 20:22:21 EDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero <
dirakx at gmail.com> wrote:

> Student Title Mentor Status
> Lucian Branescu Mihaila<http://socghop.appspot.com/student_project/show/google/gsoc2009/sugarlabs/t124025001233>
> Webified
> walter bender
> accepted
>
> Sascha Silbe<http://socghop.appspot.com/student_project/show/google/gsoc2009/sugarlabs/t124025001821>
> Version support for Sugar data store / Journal
> Jameson Quinn
> accepted
>
> felipe lopez toledo<http://socghop.appspot.com/student_project/show/google/gsoc2009/sugarlabs/t124025002631>
> Karma + Activities
> bryan berry
> accepted
>
> vamsi krishna davuluri<http://socghop.appspot.com/student_project/show/google/gsoc2009/sugarlabs/t124025003408>
> Adding Print Support to the XOs
> andres ambrois
> accepted
>
> Benjamin Schwartz<http://socghop.appspot.com/student_project/show/google/gsoc2009/sugarlabs/t124025004103>
> Decentralized Asynchronous Collision-free Editing with Groupthink
> assim deodia
> accepted
>

> These were some of the best applications both for Sugar and SugarLabs
> community development
>

> Rafael Ortiz

These were, indeed, justly accepted. But I have to take a minute to thank
the applicants who were not accepted. There were at least 5 or 6 unaccepted
applications which showed serious dedication, creativity, and practicality.
The competition to get into GSoC is always very tough, and this year was no
exception. I have reason to hope that a few of the better applicants are
still interested in contributing to Sugar Labs, and I hope to see them
participating through the year, and then winning slots next year. (And since
I'm pretty darn sure we can do a great job with the applicants who were
accepted, I hope that Google will reward us with more slots next year).

Thanks, all the applicants, and thank you to Google as well. This is a great
program from all sides, and it's humbling to be a part of it.

Jameson