[Sugar-devel] UI mockups for version support in Journal

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Fri Apr 17 07:49:26 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 12:23:16PM +0200, Sascha Silbe wrote:

>> 2. We proposed putting star icons at the left of starred entries in
>> the list, making it easier to identify "useful" or otherwise
>> important
>> versions amidst a potentially long version history at a glance.
>> (This,
>> of course, assumes versioned metadata.)
Preliminary mockup done [1,2], though with no filled star shown (so no
favourite tagged) because for that I probably need to do extensive
changes to sugar.graphics.ComboBox (or a derivative thereof) in order to
display a CanvasIcon (KeepIcon) inside the gtk.ComboBox.

BTW: Is there any tutorial on how to work with / write custom widgets
for hippo-canvas? The one link I found is broken, and except for the
somewhat lacking API docs there wasn't anything too useful anywhere.
Actually I'm not sure if I even should extend it - it seems to be
deprecated. But redoing the whole page not to use it is out of scope as
well...

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Image:Journal-version-mockup-4.png
[2] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Image:Journal-version-mockup-5.png

CU Sascha