[Sugar-devel] UI mockups for version support in Journal

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Fri Apr 17 06:23:16 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 09:10:58PM -0400, Eben Eliason wrote:

> In any case, I still lean in the direction of the second option, [...]
OK, seems like that's a consensus. :)

> And with that, a here are a few notes which might improve the popup
> menu itself (I can't seem to find our earlier mockups of this, or I
> would have attached them. I'll keep looking).
Would be quite interested in them and I haven't found any (besides the
one I mentioned) myself.

> 1. The dates should be ordered with the most recent at the top, to
> mirror the list view of the Journal, keeping time flowing in the same
> direction.
Makes perfect sense; I've reversed the mockup.

> 2. We proposed putting star icons at the left of starred entries in
> the list, making it easier to identify "useful" or otherwise important
> versions amidst a potentially long version history at a glance. (This,
> of course, assumes versioned metadata.)
Interesting idea. Seems like I need to dig deeper into hippo-canvas to
do a custom widget (using a light CanvasItem wrapper around
sugar.graphics.ComboBox right now).

> I'm so excited for versions!
Me too. :)
Every help on the UI side welcome.