[Sugar-devel] GSoC proposal: version support for data store and Journal

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Thu Apr 16 16:58:56 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 02:53:39PM -0400, Bobby Powers wrote:

> Indeed, I think the Gnome work referred to is Gnome Zeitgeist [1], and
> is scheduled for release as part of 'GNOME 3.0' in a year.
I just got around to looking into it (was on my list for quite some time
now) and I'm not overly pleased with it. The UI seems rather cluttered
on first sight (and the video is so fast and without any explanation
that there's no second sight) and the TODO list reads like it's more of
a search engine than an information management (i.e. _storage_ and
retrieval) system.

> Zeitgeist seems to be the file manager overhaul, but I could swear I
> remember people talking about a GNOME olpcfs-ish file versioning
> system months back, but can't seem to find any references to this
> offhand.
If you happen to stumble over it again, I would be pleased to get a
pointer to it.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/