[Sugar-devel] A bot activity for sugar

Vamsi Krishna Davuluri vamsi.davuluri at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 07:47:53 EDT 2009

Hello,

So I have been working on an IRC bot for a while, and an idea had occurred,
what if we have a graphical bot with a few limited animations for now, make
it an activity, and feed it with help and documentation on every other
activity and itself ofcourse. In the future a language dictionary and such
can be embedded into this bot.
The bot's graphical features can be coded with pygtk(for the widget frame,
text input), some pyglet/pygame for animations
http://pyglet.org

This will be most entertaining/ fun for any kid. As I remember my own
experiences with such bots from a particular os. Kids love interaction,
graphical interaction is by far the fastest way to plant knowledge about
anything.

Give me your opinions on this, maybe this will be something I will work on
for sugar in the near future ;)

Thank you

Vamsi Krishna Davuluri