[Sugar-devel] USB stick advice

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Tue Apr 14 04:16:26 EDT 2009

[cc'ing fedora-olpc because we are using unmodified fedora tools]

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 23:33, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks. This is all helpful. I wonder what the Fedora USB Creator does
> when it runs under Windows?

AFAIK, what Mitch says is what we currently do when using both
livecd-iso-to-disk.sh and the Fedora Live USB creator.

For flashing a big number of sticks with a port replicator, we could
first use livecd-iso-to-disk.sh to copy the partition files to one
stick and set the bootable flag, then use dd to read into an image and
then dd again to write it to the rest of the sticks, provided they are
actually identical inside.

Regards,

Tomeu