[Sugar-devel] USB stick advice

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 13:16:09 EDT 2009

I was wondering if you have any words of wisdom to share with us re
USB stick compatibility, given your experience with the XO. There
seems to be a lot of variability in terms of which sticks boot which
machines in our Sugar-on-a-Stick experiments, e.g., using the same
machine (a Classmate running XP) to burn the same image (the Beta SoaS
iso) onto USB storage media from three different vendors, I cannot
predict which one(s) will be bootable on any particular piece of
hardware. Is there any deterministic way to proceed, or is trail and
error our only recourse?

thanks.

-walter

--