[Sugar-devel] Binary Blobs (was: Re: [IAEP] Fwd: Heart Rate Monitor Peripheral)

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Wed Apr 8 12:00:48 EDT 2009

Note: Follow up from a discussion on iaep.

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 08:31:15AM -0400, Walter Bender wrote:

> (At one point, Sascha had helped me include a script that would build
> the appropriate binaries at install time, but that solution depends
> upon a build environment be installed, which is not the default for
> most OLPC systems. Oops.)
Actually, the latest version contained support for precompiled binary
blobs as well (choosing the right one for the architecture and
validating currency), but we agreed to pull it from regular TA because
it was late in the release cycle. We might try again now (in the 0.86
branch) and see how well it works.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/