[Sugar-devel] Unified Bundles

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Tue Apr 7 16:47:39 EDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 6:05 PM, Wade Brainerd <wadetb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Aleksey finally prodded me (by creating an empty page and pointing me
> at it) into writing down my idea for Unified bundles which merges .xol
> and .xo files together.
>
> It diverged somewhat into a plan to recast activities which do not
> support actually creating anything as "Content viewers".  Those are
> ones like Read, Read Etexts, View Slides, Jukebox, etc.

This discusion on IRC had some surprising similarities to
http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/book/book-Z-H-25.html#%_chap_4
:)

The notions of 'what is a program and what is date' is the same as the
discussion about 'what is an activity and what is content.'

When looking at turtle Art, you can see that it really is turtles all
the way down:)

david