[Sugar-devel] Monthly maps for sugar-devel list traffic

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Sun Apr 5 13:44:04 EDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Just thought I'd mail the list, for those curious, that I've been
> uploading monthly maps for the sugar-devel list traffic. Same process
> as per the weekly IAEP maps, each just covers a longer time-scale.
> Maps are over at:
>
>        http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/SOM#Sugar_Mailing_List
>
> --Gary
>
> P.S. for the uninitiated, think of the maps as automated tag clouds;
> where label size indicates usage frequency, and label position
> indicates usage association with the other surrounding labels.
>
> P.P.S one of these days I should really implement a sliding window on
> the continuous data set, that way we could generated continuous
> animations over time, like some dynamic bubbling cauldron of list
> traffic ;-)

I was thinking the same thing.  It would be a great addition for talks
to show how the mailing list conversation evolves over time to solve
problems as they come up.

As we reach out to educators, the notion of open source and community
development and FLOSS projects will need to be introduced.

david