[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Call for Testers (New Snapshot!)

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Fri Apr 3 18:17:09 EDT 2009

Hi folks,

the SoaS team has another snapshot ready for testing - it's absolutely
important that it get's tested as much as possible for our release!

You can grab it from here:

http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/snapshots/2/Soas2-200904031934.iso

If you're going to put it on a USB key or a SD card under Linux, please
make sure to use exactly this version of livecd-iso-to-disk, as you
might encounter issues with other versions, which are around:

http://shell.sugarlabs.org/sdz/livecd-iso-to-disk.sh

There's also a new appliance snapshot available, but testing should
really focus on the .iso file for now:

http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/appliances/soas2-20090403.tar.gz

What has changed?

* We're now supporting locales! You can change it in the control panel.
* You'll notice our funky boot screen - no hotdog anymore... ;)
* Browse has been updated - including skin and default page changes!

Again, please give it a try. And if you think that we should include
this or that specific activity, make sure to come up with it!

So long, thanks and happy testing,
    --Your SoaS Team