[Sugar-devel] [RELEASE] Browse-106

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 12:05:04 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 5:03 PM, Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com> wrote:
> Silly question, so I've added a link to http://schoolserver/ which will be a
> broken link unless you are in a school environment with a school server set
> to that name. Could distros (like SoaS, or XO targeted builds), change the
> resolution order through /etc/host.conf (maybe also /etc/nsswitch.conf) so

Messing with nsswitch is a bit messy. My plan is to have a svc
announcement (bonjour style) so the python code in Browse could check
whether there's an XS service on the network and do something magic --
like catch the browser opening http://schoolserver/ and change it to
the url obtained via bonjour.

It's iffy though :-/ and will probably break other stuff.

> Hmmm, I guess that's going to mess with browser cookies, but just thought
> I'd raise the question.

The schoolserver redirects to the fqdn immediately so that the right
cookies kick in. At least that's not a problem :-)

cheers,

martin
 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions