[Sugar-devel] [Bugs] #645 UNSP: make sugarlabs.org the default page

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Wed Apr 1 10:55:47 EDT 2009

On 1 Apr 2009, at 05:52, Simon Schampijer wrote:

> Gary C Martin wrote:

>>> FWIW: Assuming it's not being worked on yet, I just picked this
>>> ticket
>>> up. Will post a screen grab to the list tomorrow for quick review/
>>> feedback cycle.
>> Here's a quick first pass at a simple static page, please do fire
>> off  some feedback - FWIW, I'm not too keen on how the Google
>> treatment  clashes with SL logo, but it is a useful feature to have
>> on a home page:
>> 	http://dev.sugarlabs.org/attachment/ticket/645/simple_static_page_v1.png
>> Regards,
>> --Gary
>>> --Gary
>
> Do we need the google logo for trademark reasons? Otherwise I would
> just leave it out. It says 'Google' on the button already.

Should I just drop it all together for now? I know we are used to
seeing it on the default OLPC XO home page, but it's not like we
thought it necessary to put Google search on www.sugarlabes.org

> Would be nice to have a link to our bug tracker as well - maybe just
> named 'Bugs'.

Sure, here it is with the extra link and dropping the Google logo (but
keeping the Google search inputs):

	http://dev.sugarlabs.org/attachment/ticket/645/simple_static_page_v2.png

> Of course - ideally this page would be translated :/ We can do that
> for 0.86 then I guess :)

:-)

Regards,
--Gary