[sugar] Image Viewer Activity

Gary C Martin gary
Tue Sep 30 14:17:00 EDT 2008

On 30 Sep 2008, at 15:58, Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 7:57 PM, Gary C Martin
> <gary at garycmartin.com> wrote:
>>
>> P.S. Sayamindu, want an SVG icon to go with it? Or do you have
>> something
>> planned? I was thinking just a rectangular picture frame with a
>> very simple
>> mountain/sun/cloud type thing.
>
> Yeah - an SVG icon would be awesome. My inkscape skills are horrible,
> so I did not dare try to modify the icon of the the helloworld
> activity ;-).
> -sdg-

Just mock-ups for review, these are not svg format yet (I usually hand
code the svg to keep cruft to a minimum). Any strong opinions out
there regarding the design? One thing I am on the fence about is
inclusion of a spy-glass, hanging over the bottom right of frame. That
would say more 'viewer activity' and less 'image file', which is where
this is closer to just now. However, adding a spy-glass would make the
icon more fussy and require I ditch most of the picture detail (ending
up more of a rectangle + spy-glass and maybe corner of a mountain/sun/
something).