[sugar] Feedback on Measure (was Re: Another pass through some basic Activity test results)

Erik Blankinship erikb
Mon Sep 29 08:47:36 EDT 2008

> Do you need to do that for each window? Why don't you just listen for
> that signal in just the main activity window and stop everything when
> gtk.gdk.VISIBILITY_FULLY_OBSCURED and resume when otherwise?

Full screen modes in Record completely obscure the main activity window.

We don't just listen for visibility events on the video windows because
sometimes these are fully obscured (when transcoding, for example).

Therefore we listen on both the main activity window and the video windows,
and in consultation with the activity's current state (fullscreen, normal,
transcoding), decide if Record is the current activity.

I've never fully understood the rationale for why the sugar api does not
alert activities as to when they are active or not, thereby saving all
activity authors these hassles.