[sugar] Signed candidate-765 and gg-765-2 builds available for testing.

S Page info
Sat Sep 27 03:47:47 EDT 2008

Michael Stone wrote:
> I have decided to publish 8.2-765 as a signed Candidate

So IIUC you should be promoting "candidate-765"?

I re-enabled security on my XO running 8.2-763 by renaming
/security/developer.sig to developer.sig.MOVED

Then
   sudo olpc-update 8.2-765
led to
   WARNING: You seem to be attempting to download an unsigned
development build, but you don't have a developer key.  This will
probably fail.

/usr/sbin/olpc-update prints this warning if there's a - in the build
name and the build name doesn't start with "candidate".

I killed and retried and
   sudo olpc-update candidate-765
is updating without complaint on my un-security-disabled XO.

So I think you could or should change
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Template:Latest_Releases/rc to
"candidate-765", and update Friend_in_testing to replace "1. Get a
developer key for your XO laptop." with "Anyone with a mass production
XO can upgrade to this candidate release (you don't need a developer key)."

> I have also published gg-765-2, a signed G1G1 candidate
> composite image, created by Scott. gg-765-2 is similar to what we hope
> to put into manufacturing next week.

This doesn't work using olpc-update, right?
   sudo olpc-update gg-765-2
gave
   @ERROR: unknown module 'build-gg-765-2': bad build identifier: gg-765-2.

--