[sugar] Examples of FOSS assistive technologies already deployed in the field

Fernando my.lists
Thu Sep 25 14:30:59 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I have been asked to contribute to a publication of the International
Telecommunications Union on the topic of low and no-cost assistive
technologies, so I am writing to everyone I know in this field asking for
examples of local, state, or national governments using FOSS assistive
technologies.

This is a remarkable opportunity to give examples to policymakers, so I
don't want to miss any cases.  Would you have any examples you could share
with me?  I know this group has special interest in TTS, but any examples of
schools using FOSS with students with disabilities would be interesting
regardless of the disability.

Thank you,

Fernando
--------