[sugar] Secrete hidden Home view styles

Gary C Martin gary
Thu Sep 25 20:53:30 EDT 2008

I was hoping the extra view types would have made it into the new
release, but looks like some official decision to hide them has been
made. Pitty. I just tested with 50 activities I've been testing, set
as favourites, and the only 2 views that are usable are
SUNFLOWER_LAYOUT and the less pretty but still usable RANDOM_LAYOUT.
In both these views you get icons at full size.
RING_LAYOUT, BOX_LAYOUT and TRIANGLE_LAYOUT all seem to have suffered
some recent huge allergic reaction to the previous complaint that,
with many icons, they overlapped a little. Icons are now so small and
far apart that each seems it could be at least +50% or more in size
and still not touch each other. Oh well. Swings and roundabouts.
SUNFLOWER_LAYOUT just made it as my fav hack, pity the children of the
world.
--Gary

P.S. For those kids willing, try http://wiki.laptop.org/go/
Hacking_Sugar and get the new builds most usable Home layout enabled :-)