[sugar] [IAEP] Sugar DIgest 2008-09-22

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki
Thu Sep 25 14:57:20 EDT 2008

At Thu, 25 Sep 2008 18:49:56 +0200,
Karl Ramberg wrote:

> > repeat 4 (forward 100 right 90)
> > right 45
> > forward sqrt ((100*100) + (100*100))
> In Etoys it is pretty straight forward to make this script, look at
> attached picture.

  I lost the track of original ideas there, but one could make a
project that looks like the attached picture also to avoid the square
root.  (After setting the "origin-at-center" switch of the Playfield.)

  But maybe that was not what they want to do.  They later want to
move on to non-square cases.  The following Etoys project doesn't
provide the proof of theorem, but you can type numbers at "w = ..."
and "h = ..." and press the "goAround" button.  It shows the length of
the diagonal.

http://dev.laptop.org/~yoshiki/etoys/Pythagoras.001.pr