[sugar] composite memory usage [was Re: frame auto-visibility configuration]

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Thu Sep 25 03:44:39 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 11:30 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
<mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 8:56 PM, Erik Garrison <erik at laptop.org> wrote:
>>> I'd vote for activating composition ASAP once we have a 9.1 joyride
>>> branch and see how we can find the sweetest spot between speed and
>>> memory usage.
>>>

>> I agree.
>>
>> There also may be bugs which we need to shake out.  If this is a feature
>> we know we want for 9.1, the sooner we start testing the better.
>
> Personally I think we should first try to debug our graphic
> performance and see what is slow and if we can do anything about it.

Sure, that's the right fix. AFAIK, XComposite wasn't invented to make
slow graphics faster.

Which resources are available to try the "right fix"?

Regards,

Tomeu