[sugar] Now YOU can write API documentation

David Farning dfarning
Wed Sep 24 09:12:03 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 13:55 +0200, Morgan Collett wrote:
> > thanks
> > david
>
> I've started on sugar.network as I went through that code recently.
>
> Here's an issue with pydocweb:
> http://sugarlabs1.xen.prgmr.com/pydocweb/doc/sugar.network.GlibTCPServer/
> doesn't show the name of a method starting with _ - _handle_accept. I
> knew it existed, so I manually edited the URL to
> get to http://sugarlabs1.xen.prgmr.com/pydocweb/doc/sugar.network.GlibTCPServer._handle_accept/
> which I edited.
>
> Bug? Feature?

It is a feature.  Pydocweb is set to not publish private methods and
classes.  The idea is to create the documentation that is most
appreciated by application developers.  Should we change this?

As of yesterday, we hit a regression where some of the public methods
are not being imported correctly.  We are working on the issue.
http://api.sugarlabs.org/ is importing all of the functions correctly I
believe.

thanks
david