[sugar] GCompris Chess & Sudoku issues

Morgan Collett morgan
Wed Sep 24 05:47:03 EDT 2008

Hi Bruno

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 01:13, Bruno Coudoin <bruno.coudoin at free.fr> wrote:
> Le mercredi 24 septembre 2008 ? 00:26 +0200, Bruno Coudoin a ?crit :
>> Le mardi 23 septembre 2008 ? 11:08 +0200, Morgan Collett a ?crit :
>> > Hi Bruno
>> >
>> > We are about to release 8.2 for the XO. GCompris Chess and Sudoku are
>> > being considered for inclusion for preinstallation for G1G1. We need
>> > to know if you have tested and verified that they are working with
>> > 8.2-759 or later (for instructions on downloading 8.2 release, see:
>> > http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Friends_in_testing).
>> >
>> > The basic activity test is defined here:
>> >
>> > http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Test_cases_8.2.0#Activities
>> >
>> > If you have tested them and confirmed that they work, please reply
>> > ASAP. Include the version # of the activity and a link to the .xo
>> > file.
>>
>> I just uploaded a new release set of all GCompris activities, including
>> the full bundle. These now have the activity_version set to 9 and the
>> license field to GPLv3+.
>>
>> Sadly, GCompris activity startup sequence is broken on this release,
>> none of the 2 activities you selected works anymore. No idea why yet.
>>

> OK, I got the traces.
>
> When I run the sudoku I get into this bug, my olpc is frozen for maybe a
> minute:
> http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7251

Ouch. Please add a comment on that ticket, perhaps someone has an idea there.

> When I run the chess_computer activity, I have an error complaining that
> check_bundle_id isalnum() fails. Does that mean _ are no more accepted
> in a bundle name ? If this on purpose ?

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activity_bundles#.info_File_Format documents
bundle_id, and suggests that
http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-specification.html#message-protocol-names
is the definition of what is allowed, which does include _

However I see on the Activity_bundles page: In the Python bindings,
the bundle_id is also used as the activity's default service type when
the activity is shared on the network. To determine this type, the
distinct parts (separated by the '.' character) are reversed, any '.'
is replaced by a '_' character, and the type is prefixed by a '_'
character. So in this example, the default service type would be
"_BrowserActivity_Sugar_redhat_com".

Perhaps that affects the use of _ in bundle_id.

Anyone else know the answer?

Regards
Morgan